Monkey Barrel Comedy
- Box office 0845 500 1056
- General enquiries 0131 225 5149
- Opening times 7–11pm.
- Seasonal times Extended license during Fringe (3am)
- Bar open 10am–midnight
- Food served Wed–Sun 10am–4pm (dinner available during evening performances if pre-ordered online 7 days in advance). Closed Mon/Tue.
- Pre-theatre times £35 weekdays, £45 Sat & Sun, pre–order 7 days in advance
- Average price £12 (set lunch); £35–£45 (depending on night) platter, including prosecco and show ticket
- Pre-theatre price £35–45 (depending on night) platter, including prosecco and show ticket pre-order 7 days in advanced
- Website www.monkeybarrelcomedy.com
Plush, red-hued comedy club.
In the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, Monkey Barrel Comedy’s brand venue brings with it an alternative approach to Edinburgh’s art scene.
We are an award-winning comedy club (Best Comedy Club 2017 and 2018 at the Scottish Comedy Awards) offering top stand-up until midnight.
The venue has wheelchair access and ample space.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: ask for details
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nick Drake and Belle & Sebastian
- Live entertainment: Comedy shows, gigs, spoken word events
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
Liam Withnail: 'They want to build something that lasts and has a great legacy. They're well on their way to doing that'4 Sep 2018
Having come a long way in a short time, Monkey Barrel Comedy is building a thriving year-round community of its own
There's New York, there's London and then there's Edinburgh. The Scottish capital's relationship with comedy is a tight one, going back a long way, thanks to the biggest arts festival in the world, which brings a vast numbers of stand-ups, sketch groups…
How to experience the magic of the Edinburgh Fringe in 24 hours1 Aug 2018
If you only have a day to spend and are looking for some fun, we've got you covered
It's the biggest arts festival in the world and it transforms the city of Edinburgh during the month of August. Over 50,000 performances of over 3000 shows took place in 300 venues last year. 'How do I begin to work my way through this titanic…
How to start your own comedy night, according to some of the best in the business21 May 2018
We chat to comedy club founders and promoters to get their perspectives on how to launch a successful event
Everything great and wonderful has to start somewhere small. Vic Reeves' Big Night Out began its life in a small London pub, moved to TV shortly afterwards and kicked off three decades of comedy glory. Kevin Bridges, inspired by Frank Skinner's…