Waldorf Astoria - The Caledonian Hotel
Built in 1903, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - the Caledonian is a historic icon in the heart of Edinburgh's Princes Street and offers the largest number of rooms with views of Edinburgh Castle in the city.
A perfect base to explore Scotland's capital, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – the Caledonian is within walking distance of Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Edinburgh International Conference Center and the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our hotel also offers convenient access to Edinburgh's world famous events, including the Edinburgh International Festival, Fringe and Military Tattoo.
A former Victorian railway station on Princes Street, the hotel set the railway clock at the site of the former station platform in Peacock Alley. Admire the Grand Staircase and the stained glass windows.
Our hotel also offers:
• Two French restaurants designed by the Michelin-starred Galvin brothers
• Peacock Alley and the Caley Bar
• The only Guerlain Spa in the UK, with relaxing French-style beauty treatments
• 12 meter pool, sauna, steam room and fitness center
• On-site car park
• Elegant ballroom, eight meeting and banquet spaces with natural daylight and air-conditioning
With 68 luxurious rooms featuring stunning views of Edinburgh Castle, we have the largest number of rooms with castle views in the city. Our rooms also feature WiFi, flat-screen TVs and a Nespresso coffee machine.
Our hotel is now in the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame, receiving outstanding traveler reviews and a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence five years in a row.
Text supplied by third party.