Five questions for Dance Base at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2012
- The List
- 4 August 2012
This article is from 2012.
Morag Deyes, director at one of Edinburgh's leading dance venues, describes the programme
Dance Base is currently running its largest ever Fringe programme. Having chosen all the shows in it herself, artistic director Morag Deyes lets us in on her idea of good dance
1. What five words describe this year’s Fringe experience at Dance Base?
Adventurous. Passionate. Global. Sensuous. Transformative.
2. What four things do you look for in all the shows you add to the Dance Base Fringe line-up?
Integrity. Originality. A sequin or six. Humanity.
3. What three things should audiences bring with them to Dance Base this August?
An open mind. A handkerchief. Perfume.
4. What are the two best ways to make the most of the Fringe?
Fall in love/lust. See more than you think your poor wee brain can handle. You’ll go through sensory overload and into Fringe-topia!
5. What one thing should every dance show do for its audience?