Edinburgh Comedy Award 2011 shortlist
- The List
- 25 August 2011
This article is from 2011.
Nominees include Adam Riches, Andrew Maxwell, Nick Helm, Chris Ramsey, Josie Long and Sam Simmons
The shortlist for the 2011 Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards have been announced.
Nominations for best comedy show
- Adam Riches - Bring Me the Head of Adam Riches
- Andrew Maxwell - The Lights Are On
- Chris Ramsey - Offermation
- Josie Long - The Future Is Another Place
- Nick Helm - Dare to Dream
- Sam Simmons - Meanwhile
Nominations for best newcomer
- Cariad Lloyd - Lady Cariad’s Characters
- The Chris and Paul Show
- Hannibal Buress - My Name is Hannibal: The Hannibal Montanabal Experience
- Holly Walsh - The Hollycopter
- Humphrey Ker is Dymock Watson - Nazi Smasher!
- Josh Widdicombe - If This Show Saves One Life
- Thom Tuck Goes Straight to DVD
- Totally Tom
The winners will be announced at 2pm on Saturday 27th August.
Meanwhile Dave, the TV channel, has announced its list of the 10 funniest jokes at this year's Fringe.
Funniest jokes at the Edinburgh Fringe 2011
- Nick Helm - I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
- Tim Vine - Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels.
- Hannibal Buress - People say 'I'm taking it one day at a time.' You know what? So is everybody. That's how time works.
- Tim Key - Drive Thru McDonalds was more expensive than I thought...once you've hired the car...
- Matt Kirshen - I was playing chess with my friend and he said, "Let's make this interesting". So we stopped playing chess.
- Sarah Millican - My mother told me, you don’t have to put anything in your mouth you don’t want to. Then she made me eat broccoli, which felt like double standards.
- Alan Sharp - I was in a band which we called The Prevention, because we hoped people would say we were better than The Cure.
- Mark Watson - Someone asked me recently – what would I rather give up, food or sex. Neither! I’m not falling for that one again, wife.
- Andrew Lawrence - I admire these phone hackers. I think they have a lot of patience. I can’t even be bothered to check my OWN voicemails.
- DeAnne Smith - My friend died doing what he loved... Heroin.
The wooden spoon for worst joke goes to Paul Daniels with: I said to a fella ‘is there a B&Q in Henley’ He said “No, there’s an H, an E, an N an L and a Y…