5 Questions - Frank McConnell
- The List
- 12 August 2010
This article is from 2010.
Frank McConnell of Plan B takes time out from performing A Wee Home From Home with musician Michael Marra, to answer our 5 Questions.
1. Give five reasons why people should come and see A Wee Home From Home?
It’s funny; it’s moving; it’s thought-provoking; there’s great live music; we need an audience for the show to work.
2. Name four other shows in the Fringe you’ll be seeing this year.
Decky Does A Bronco – Grid Iron; My Name Is Margaret Morris – Stuart Hopps; Private Dancer – Janice Parker and Co; Sub Rosa – Fire Exit.
3. What three things made you want to be a performer?
A need to communicate without words; it was hugely liberating; I actually wanted to be a joiner but my mother suggested becoming a contemporary dancer in case the joinery didn’t work out.
4. What two words sum up the plan B style?
Pure … brilliant!
5. What one thing do you hope will happen to you this Fringe?
In the madness and chaos which is the Fringe, I hope to realise that there is plenty of artistic enrichment for us all.
A Wee Home From Home, Acoustic Music Centre @ St Brides, 668 2019, until 22 Aug, 5.20pm, £10 (£8).