Hitlist - Festival Clubs
This article is from 2007.
• I Fly Spitfires More indie malarkey as I Fly . . . team up with T on the Fringe to bring you the punk folk/rock of Make Model (live). Cabaret Voltaire, 220 6176, Thu 2 Aug, 11pm–5am, £5 (£3).
• Dogtooth The electro punk funk party has been on hiatus since May but hits the ground running here with a live set of ‘good time electro-power-rock’ from one-man-band Sportsday Megaphone. Henry’s Cellar Bar, 228 9393, Fri 3 Aug, 11pm–3am, £5.
• Freqbeat Jake One from the mighty fine Red Snapper guests at this night of fearsome tech-beats and quirky electro breaks. Red, 225 1757, Fri 3 Aug, 10pm–5am, free before 11pm, £4 after.
•Tokyoblu The live house session reaches five years old this month so expect one hell of a party of deep house, true disco and funky grooves. Ego, 478 7434, Fri 3 Aug, 11pm–3am, £8 before midnight, £12 (£10) after.
• Trouble Trouble team up with their Liverpool brethren for ‘The Scouse Connection’, which features their pals from Bommynite and the usual mix of everything from techno and house to disco and jazz. Cabaret Voltaire, 220 6176, Fri 3 Aug, 11pm–3am, £6 (£5).
• Luvely Showing all the tourists how the Scots party (ie hard and long) the full on house night hosts a tartan-themed night of beat driven debauchery. The Liquid Room, 225 2564, Sat 4 Aug, 10.30pm–5am, £13 (members £11).
• Vaudeville/The One O’Clock Gun Club Deliciously deranged cabaret and anything goes attitudes at this night of burlesque entertainment, circus freak shows and live music. The Bongo Club, 558 7604, 5–26 Aug (not Fridays, Saturdays), 10.30pm–5am, £8.50–£9.50 (£7.50–£8.50) before 1am, £5 after.