What we have learned over the last three weeks
This article is from 2008.
- Carol Leifer's hours only last 45 minutes.
- And Felix Dexter's are only 50 minutes.
- Free comedy isn't always free.
- Free comedy isn't always shit.
- Steven Berkoff has a penchant for Gregg's.
- Scottish kids TV legend and all-round lovely man Glen Michael is 82 years old.
- Christine Hamilton's lap is a cosy place to have a nap mid-show.
- Do not sit behind a row of teenagers in a sexually explicit play.
- Achtung Pal is almost certainly the worst comedy show in the history of the Fringe. Four one-star reviews at this year's Beano.
- Saggy Y-fronts do not make good costumes.
- If you work for a comedian try not to laugh hysterically before the punchlines, it kind of jars.
- Just because the flyer says 'sexually explicit' doesn't mean it is.
- Don't pay to see children or animals.
- Some people actually give thanks for bad reviews of their shows. It helps them 'grow and improve as artists'.
- A great strategy for getting through to the theatre or comedy editor of your choice: phone up The List offices claiming someone just phoned your number and you missed the call. We fell for it loads.
- Simon Amstell is the most-spotted man at the Fringe, despite not having a show on. And he looks good in Raybans.