5 Questions: 2FaCeD
This article is from 2008.
Tamsin Fitzgerald, artistic director of 2FaCeD, gives us the low-down on her exciting all-male breakdance/ contemporary dance company.
- What five words describe how a 2FaCeD DaNcE show makes you feel?
High, energised, happy, wow, sexy.
- What four things have brought you back to the Fringe?
The atmosphere, different venues, further opportunities, the challenge.
- Name three major influences on the company.
The male body, challenging dance stereotypes and, currently, Parkour.
- Name two other dance shows you’re looking forward to seeing in Edinburgh this year.
The strange and entertaining physicality of the Caesar Twins at the Udderbelly and Rise by Tom Dale Company at Zoo Southside.
- What 1 word sums up the 2FaCeD style?
State of Matter, Udderbelly’s Pasture, 0844 545 8252, 2–25 Aug (not 13), 4pm, £12–£14.50 (£10–£13.50); Previews 31 Jul & 1 Aug, £8