Wil Hodgson - Five questions
This article is from 2008.
With Chippenham on My Shoulder, former pro-wrestler and My Little Pony fan Wil Hodgson once more tackles his West Country heritage. Here, he gives our Q&A an inverted facelock that it won’t forget
- What five words best describe your show this year?
Punk rock folk storytelling.
- Which comics should be more famous in September than they are in July?
Roisin Conaty, Richard Sandling, Jon Robins.
- What bugs you most about Edinburgh in August?
The rain. Comics who boast about their good reviews. Comics who over-react about their bad reviews.
- Which dead comics do you wish were still alive and making us laugh today?
Laurel and Hardy because they were the greatest comics ever. It’s trendier to say you like Charlie ‘Commie’ Chaplin but if you watch Laurel and Hardy’s Depression-era stuff it’s got far more social comment and it’s just more subtle.
- Is there a rumour you’d like to start about yourself?
I leave any embellished stories about myself to my good friend Russell Howard.
Pleasance Courtyard, 556 6550, 3–25 Aug (not 11), 9pm, £10–£12 (£8.50–£10.50). Previews until 2 Aug, £5.